Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Handyman Expands

This is a story about Danny - a Handyman that went in a little different direction to expand his business. I have known Danny since grade school, let’s just say forty something years, and he was a born handyman. I remember one day when we were in the sixth grade, I came over to Danny’s house after school to find Danny taking apart the family clothes-dryer. The dryer had a broken belt and his dad had the replacement belt sitting on the dryer for days. One day when Danny came home from school, he decided he would surprise his parents by having the dryer working when they got home from work. His plan worked, when Mrs. Catiotitti came home from work that day, the dryer was working like new. You have heard the saying “ where there is a will there is a way”, well I think that “where there is a Danny there is a way”

Danny was always a handyman, but later on he became a businessman. He was always able to make money with his hands, and latter discovered he needed to make money with his head as well. Danny was never a follower, but a leader in his field. I remember when he starting telling me about the package marketing concept, and that worked. But when he told me about marketing with computers on a web, I thought he had lost it. Now if you are not on the web, you are not a smart businessman, or you don’t need work.

More on Danny tomorrow

No comments: