Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Apartment Emergency for the Handyman

Back in the days when I did a lot of Handyman work for Realtors I received an interesting call from a Realtor friend of mine named Mary. Mary called to tell me she had a lead on some drywall repair from one of her recent clients. She told me that her client had listed his ten unit apartment building with her and now it needed some emergency drywall repairs. She gave me her client’s name (Ernie) and phone number and asked if I could call him ASAP.

I called Ernie and set a time to meet him at the apartment building that day. After I met Ernie I learned what had happened. Apparently Ernie had put a considerable amount of money in the building for renovations and updates, and needed to have it on the market quick, especially since the building was completely vacant. He had the painters scheduled to paint the interior yesterday, but what they found was going to be a set back in plans. Ernie told me what happened to his building, and thought it was one of the renters that had recently moved out of the building that did the damage.

In the past I had made repairs on vandalized houses and apartments, but this was the first time I had seen this. Somebody did not like Ernie very much, and you won’t believe what they did. But you will have to come back tomorrow to find out what they did.

No comments: