Friday, June 13, 2008

Butterflies are Fun

Repairing drywall does not require a lot of tools and can be fun, that’s right I said fun. Okay let me explain, I taught a free home repair clinic for the Neighborhood Works Program, and drywall repair was one of the most popular classes. The butterfly patch was one of the class’s favorites. After a butterfly patch class, it was common for the attendees to tell me how much fun repairing drywall was for them.

I think that when a homeowner can learn to make some small home improvements on their own it feels like a large accomplishment to them. Drywall repairs can be rewarding to a homeowner, because with some effort you can see a major improvement. I also feel that a homeowner must know there limitations on what repairs they can do and when it is time to hire a professional Handyman.

Tomorrow we are going to dig around the house to find the tools we need to learn the butterfly patch. See you tomorrow.

No comments: