Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Handyman that don’t horse around

When I arrived at the house, I realized that my handyman pick-up truck was no match, for removing a very large, very dead, very frozen horse. As a good Handyman, my wheels were always turning, and I was going to get the job done, I had promised to do. Don’t forget I had until six that night, which was still seven hours away.

I thought I would go get more coffee, and make a plan. As I was driving to get my coffee, I saw a car being towed, and bam, just like that, I knew what to do.

The first thing I did was to contact a local landfill, which said I could drop off a dead frozen horse for $25. Well after a very long explanation on my part, not to mention a large amount of laughter from the guys that heard me on speakerphone at the landfill.

The next thing to do was find a Towing company with a since of humor, and that only took me three tries.

Okay, every thing in place for my plan to work, I had the tow truck driver follow me to the house or should I say horse. He knew what we were picking up, but that did not stop him from saying when we arrived at the house, “holy cow, that is a dead horse”.

I did mention that the extreme cold was a plus, I can’t image what it would have been like if the package we picked up was not frozen solid.

I paid the tow truck driver $40, plus a $10 tip, and the landfill $25, and it was only four o’clock and my “yard waste” was in it’s final resting place.

Big Daddy happily paid me the $300, and referred me to customers all over to do Handyman work, but I asked him to drop the slogan about “the Handyman that don’t horse around”.

No comments: